Reaping What you Sow
You reap what you sow. This biblical truth plays out in many areas of our lives. Whatever you put effort & time into you will receive the benefits & effects back.
- If you put time & effort into exercise, you will be rewarded with better health, weight loss and stronger muscles.
- When you put time & effort into your marriage, you will see the results through better communication, more love, respect, & general harmony.
We can also reap negative things if we put our time and efforts into activities that are not wise and even destructive.
- Those who spend much time in a bar drinking will experience hangovers, fractured relationships, and poor health.
- If you chase women for one night stands you will reap STDs, divorce, and shame & guilt.
What about those of us who have used or use pornography? What are we reaping with the sowing of countless hours in front of the computer? Do you think that there are no effects to you? What are you reaping by sowing the seeds of pornography into your life?
- Inability to communicate deeply?
- lost time?
- Strife in your marriage?
- A constant focus on Sex?
The things that we reap are often not apparent to us. It is hard to see the effects that porn has on us because it is very deeply rooted inside. Many of us won’t act out in a way that will land us in jail or cause divorce. Just because the effects of Pornography useage are not clear does not mean we are using it without harm.
I challenge you to think about ways that you may be effected by pornography usage. You cannot use it without any effects on you!
Please leave any comments, questions and further thought below.